A new cloud-based SaaS management service is available based on FortiManager.
Once FortiGate has acquired a contract named FortiManager Cloud, FortinetOne creates a cloud-based FortiManager instance under the user account. You can launch the portal for the cloud-based FortiManager from FortinetOne, and its URL starts with the User ID.
You can use a FortiGate with a contract for FortiManager Cloud to configure central management by using the FQDN of fortimanager.forticloud.com. A FortiGate-FortiManager tunnel is established between FortiGate and the FortiManager instance.
After the tunnel is established, you can execute FortiManager functions from the cloud-based FortiManager portal.
- In the FortiCare portal, ensure that you have a product entitlement for FortiManager Cloud, and note your user ID number.
- Click the FortinetOne icon in the upper-right corner to access the FortiManager Cloud instance.
User ID on FortiManager portal represents the dedicated instance.
- In FortiOS, enable FortiManager Cloud.
- Go to Security Fabric > Settings, and enable Central Management.
- Click FortiManager Cloud, and then Apply.
The FortiManager Cloud button is only available when you have a FortiManager Cloud product entitlement; the FortiManager Cloud button is not available without a FortiManager Cloud product entitlement.
- In the FortiManager Cloud instance, go to Device Manager and authorize the FortiGate.
When using FortiGate to enable FortiManager Cloud, the FortiGate device appears as an unauthorized device.
After authorizing the FortiGate, the FortiGate becomes a managed device.
In FortiOS, the central management status displays Registered on FortiManager.