Paravirtualized Mode Support
FGT_VM64_OPC now supports the new paravirtualized mode on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
The below instructions assume that the user already has an OCI account.
To launch a FortiGate-VM instance with paravirtualized mode:
- Obtain the deployment image file:
- Go to Customer Service & Support. Navigate to Download > VM Images in the top menu.
- In the Select Product dropdown list, select FortiGate.
- In the Select Platform dropdown list, select Oracle.
- Obtain the FGT_VM64_OPC-vX-buildXXXX-FORTINET.out.OpenXen.zip file. XXXX is the build number. Ensure the file name includes OpenXen.
- After downloading, unzip the file. You will find the forties.qcow2 file, which is needed to deploy the FortiGate on OCI. Rename the file to FGT_VM64_OPC-v6-build0805-FORTINET.out.OpenXen.qcow2.
- Upload the deployment image file:
- In OCI, go to Storage > Object Storage. Click an existing storage bucket or create a new bucket.
- Select the desired bucket, then upload the deployment image file FGT_VM64_OPC-v6-build0805-FORTINET.out.OpenXen.qcow2.
- Click Upload Object. The dialog shows the upload progress.
- Copy the qcow2 file URL:
- From the Storage > Object Storage > Bucket Details page, click Create Pre-Authenticated Requests.
- Copy the URL under PRE-AUTHENTICATED REQUEST URL.
- Create a FortiGate-VM image in paravirtualized mode:
- In OCI, go to Compute > Custom Images, then click Import Image.
- In the OBJECT STORAGE URL field, paste the URL copied in step 3.
- Under IMAGE TYPE, select QCOW2.
- Under LAUNCH MODE, select PARAVIRTUALIZED MODE.
- Configure other fields as desired, then click Import Image.
- On the Image Details page, click Create Instance to create an instance with the newly created image.
The paravirtualized mode FortiGate-VM instance boots up and functions as expected.