The FortiView Sessions dashboard displays Top Sessions by traffic source and can be used to end sessions. You may customize the dashboard as per your needs by using the sort and filter capabilities.
To view the FortiView Sessions dashboard, go to Dashboard > FortiView Sessions.
The session table displayed on the FortiView Sessions dashboard is useful when verifying open connections. For example, if you have a web browser open to browse the Fortinet website, you would expect a session entry from your computer on port 80 to the IP address for the Fortinet website. You can also use a session table to investigate why there are too many sessions for FortiOS to process.
You can filter the sessions displayed in the session table by setting up the available filtering options.
- Click on the Add Filter button at the top of the session table. A list of selectable filtering options drops down.
- Select the required filtering option. For example you may select Country/Region, and select a country from the list of countries. The session table updates as per the selected country.
- You may add one or more filters depending upon your requirements. To add more filters, repeat the above steps for a different set of filters.
You can be very specific with how you use filters and target sessions based on different filter combinations. For example, you may want to view all sessions from a computer with a particular IP by adding the Source IP filter. Similarly, you may need to target all the sessions having a particular Destination IP and Destination Port, and so on.
You may also see the session data in the CLI.
# diagnose sys session list
The session table output in the CLI is very large. You can use the supported filters in the CLI to show only the data you need.
# diagnose sys session filter <option>
See Using a session table to learn more about using the supported filters in the CLI.
You may also decide to end a particular session or all sessions for administrative purposes.
- Select the session you want to end.To select multiple sessions, hold the Ctrl or Shift key on your keyboard while clicking the sessions.
- Right-click on the selected sessions, click on End Session(s) or End All Sessions.
- Click OK.