Assets detected by device detection appear in the Device Inventory widget. You can manage policies around devices by adding a new device object (MAC-based address) to a device. Once you add the MAC-based address, the device can be used in address groups or directly in policies.
- Go to Dashboard > Users & Devices.
If you are using the Comprehensive dashboard template, go to Dashboard > Device Inventory Monitor. See Changing the default dashboard template.
- Hover over the Device Inventory widget, and click Expand to Full Screen. The Device Inventory monitor is displayed.
- Click a device, then click Firewall Device Address. The New Address dialog is displayed.
- In the Name field, give the device a descriptive name so that it is easy to identify the device in the Device column.
- Configure the MAC Address.
- Click OK, then refresh the page. The MAC address icon appears in the Address column next to the device name.