- Go to Conference.
- In the calendar, click a date.
- Complete the following fields:
Add a title for the conference call event.
This field is mandatory.
The ID associated with the conference call.
The FortiVoice system administrator defines this ID.
This field is read-only.
The PIN that an attendee must enter to join the conference call. You can use the one generated by the system or change it.
The PIN that you must enter to host a conference call.
Use the suggested PIN or specify your own code.
Select one of the following options:
- Use voicemail PIN - This code is also used to access your voicemail messages and is stored on the FortiVoice phone system under Extension > Extension > User Setting, Phone Access.
- Use personal code - This code is also used to access restricted calls and is stored on the FortiVoice phone system under Extension > Extension > User Setting, Phone Access.
- Specific - You can specify your own code.
Optionally, add details about this conference call event.
Optionally, add information about the location of this conference call event.
Both start and end times use the time zone setting available in Preferences > Display Preference.
Select the time for the conference call event to start.
If the event will last all day, do not select a start time but enable All day event below.
Select the time for the conference call event to end.
If the event will last all day, do not select an end time but enable All day event below.
All day event
Enable if the duration of the conference call will be an entire day.
If you want the conference call event to be on a repeating schedule, click None, update the recurrence settings, and click OK.
For details about the attendee limit for user conferencing, see Specifications for conference call events.
- Click Add Attendee.
- Add an email and a display name, and click Create.
- Repeat for every attendee.
- To save the conference call event, click OK.
Example of an email received by an invited attendee