Many browsers can be set to Kiosk mode to prevent access to everything on the computer on which the browser is running. If your guests will be creating their own network accounts on a publicly available computer, it is recommended that you install a browser that can run as a Kiosk browser. The example and instructions show below are for Firefox. Many other browsers have similar capabilities.
- Download and install Firefox.
- Download and install the Real Kiosk add-on.
Once the Real Kiosk add-on is installed, this browser will always run in Kiosk mode.
- To close Firefox once it is in Kiosk mode type Alt+F4.
- To go to the homepage type Alt+Home.
- To temporarily access Firefox in normal mode, right-click on the Firefox icon and select Properties. In the Target field go to the end of the path, add
safe-modeand click OK.
- Launch Firefox.