Use firewall session polling to request information about your network from FortiGate devices. FortiNAC can use information learned from polling to identify devices. For more information, see Profiled devices.
To configure firewall session polling:
- Go to Network > Inventory.
- Expand the container where the device is located.
- Right-click the device and click Set Firewall Session Polling. This option is only available for FortiGate devices.
- Select Enabled.
- Enter the polling Frequency (the default is five minutes).
- (Optional) Select Create Rogues from Session Data.
- (Optional) Click Poll Now to receive polling information from the device immediately.
- Click OK.
To view the polling information, go to Users & Hosts > Network Sessions. For more information, see Network sessions.