You can add selected host(s) to groups you have created. See Groups for detailed information on Groups and how they are used in FortiNAC. Only registered hosts can be added to groups.
IP phones have a special group type and can only be added to IP phone groups. If you select IP phones with other registered hosts you will not be allowed to use the Add Hosts To Groups option. Select IP phones separately. Only IP phone groups will be displayed.
- Select Users & Hosts > Hosts.
- To select host(s) with specific parameters use the custom filter to set the criteria.
- Use Ctrl-click or Shift-click to select the records you wish to add to the group.
- Right-click and select Group Membership.
- The Group Membership view lists the available host groups and sub-groups. Sub-groups are displayed under their parent group or groups.
- To add the hosts to a group, click the box next to the group name and then click OK.
To create a missing group:
- Click Create Group.
- Enter a group name.
- If the new group should be a sub-group of an existing group, enable the Parent Group option and select the appropriate group from the list.
- Description is optional.
- Click OK to save the new group.
- Click OK.