The Monitoring & FortiView consoles were removed from the tree menu and now appear as widgets in the Dashboards menu. The dashboard navigation has been improved for easy access to features such as creating a new dashboard. New widgets were added to the Add Widget menu to create custom dashboards.
Dashboard options are now located in the dashboard banner for easier access and visibility. Users can use a widget to create a standalone dashboard.
- The existing WiFi Health Monitor widgets were consolidated into a new default WiFi dashboard in the tree menu. This dashboard contains the following widgets:
- FortiAP Status
- Channel Utilization
- Clients By FortiAP
- Signal Strength
- Rogue APs
- Historical Clients
- Login Failures
A new Network dashboard was added to the tree menu. This dashboard contains the following widgets:
- Routing Monitor
- DHCP Monitor
- SD-WAN Monitor
- IPsec Monitor
- SSL-VPN Monitor
The FortiView module has been consolidated into dashboard widgets. The sections of the FortiView module that were not incorporated into widgets were moved to the Log & Reports module in the tree menu. The Threat Map was removed from the GUI.
The following FortiView widgets were created:
- Firewall users
- Open a dashboard in the tree menu.
- In widget banner, click Add Widget. The Add Dashboard Widget window opens. The widgets are organized by category.
- Enter a search term in the Search field to find a widget, or scroll through the window.
- Click the Add icon to add the widget to the dashboard.
The widget is added to the dashboard.
- Hover over a widget in the dashboard, and click Expand to Full Screen.
- In the widget banner, click Save > Save as Standalone.
- In the Add Widget window, click OK.
The new dashboard is added to the tree menu.
- Open a dashboard, and click Dashboard Actions > Create New.
- Configure the dashboard options, and click OK.
The dashboard is added to the tree menu.
- Click Add Widget and select the widgets you want to add to the new dashboard. Click Close when you are done.
The widgets are added to the dashboard.