FortiMail can be added to the Security Fabric using standard authorization steps through either the gutter on the Fabric Connectors page, or by using the FortiMail certificate.
As part of the Security Fabric, FortiMail appears in the Fabric navigation, topologies, widgets, and in the Security Posture report.
If the FortiMail was added to the Security Fabric but not pre-authorized, you can authorize it in FortiOS on the Fabric Connectors page.
- Go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors.
- In the topology tree, hover over the FortiMail and click Authorize.
- Verify the certificate is correct, then click Accept.
- Log in to FortiMail.
- Download the certificate. For example, in Chrome:
- In the left side of the address bar, click the icon to view the site information.
- Click Certificate.
- Click the Details tab, then click Copy to File.
- The Certificate Export Wizard opens. Click Next to continue.
- For the file format, select Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER), then click Next.
- Browse to the folder location and enter a file name, then click Next.
- Click Finish, then click OK to close the dialog box.
- In FortiOS, go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors and double-click the Security Fabric Setup card.
- Beside Device authorization, click Edit and configure the following:
- Enter the FortiMail serial number.
- For Authorization type, select Serial Number.
- For Certificate, upload the .CER file you saved previously.
- Click OK.
- Go to System > Customization and click the Corporate Security Fabric tab.
- Click the toggle to enable the Fabric.
- Enter the Upstream IP Address (root FortiGate) and the Management IP of the FortiMail.
- Click Apply.
- In FortiOS, go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors. The authorized FortiMail is now shown in the topology tree.
Once authorized, you can navigate and log in to the FortiMail from the topology tree, or within the topology views:
The Security Posture report can detect whether unsecure protocols, such as HTTP and Telnet, are used on the FortiMail:
FortiMail widgets can be added to the dashboard.
- Go to Dashboard > Status and click Add Widget. The Add Dashboard Widget pane opens.
- Under Security Fabric, click Fabric Device.
- From the Device dropdown, select the FortiMail.
- From the Widget name dropdown, select a widget.
- Click Add Widget.
- Repeat these steps to add more widgets if needed.
The widgets are displayed in the dashboard: