Administrators can use the GUI to view detailed information about the health of individual WiFi connections from the Dashboard or the WiFi Clients console. You can also Quarantine or Disassociate a wireless client. The information in the FortiView page is now displayed as tabs in the summary window for each wireless client.
- Go to WiFi & Switch Controller > WiFi Clients, and select a wireless client. Click Diagnostics and Tools to the right side of the Refresh icon.
- The summary page for the selected client opens.
- On the summary page, click Quarantine.The Quarantine Host dialog opens. Click OK to quarantine the selected wireless client, and close the dialog.
- On the summary page, click the Disassociate icon. The Confirm dialog opens. Click OK to dissociate the selected wireless client, and close the dialog.
- From the summary page, the Health section displays the overall health for the wireless connection. The overall health of the connection is:
Good if the value range for all three conditions are Good.
- Fair or Poor if one of the three conditions is Fair or Poor.
Condition Value range Signal Strength
- Good > -56dBm
- -56dBm > Fair > -75dBm
- Poor < -75dBm
- Good > 39dBm
- 20dBm < Fair < 39dBm
- Poor < 20dBm
- Good = 5G band
- Fair = 2.4G band
Example of an overall health status of Good.
Example of an overall health status of Fair.
Example of an overall health status of Poor.
- The summary page contains four FortiView tabs:
- Go to Dashboard > WiFi. Click the Clients By FortiAP widget to view the drill-down information for the wireless client.