Creating a policy
Some FortiGate models include an IPv4 security policy in the default configuration. If you have one of these models, edit it to include the logging options shown below, then proceed to the results section.
- To create a new policy, go to Policy & Objects > IPv4 Policy. Give the policy a Name that indicates that the policy will be for traffic to the Internet (in this example, Internet).
- Set the Incoming Interface to lan and the Outgoing Interface to wan1. Set Source, Destination, Schedule, and Service as required.
- Ensure Action is set to ACCEPT.
- Turn on NAT and select Use Outgoing Interface Address.
- Scroll down to the Logging Options section. To view the results later, enable Log Allowed Traffic and select All Sessions.