Before you set up a cluster
Before you set up an FortiGate FGCP cluster, ensure the following:
- All the FortiGates have the same hardware version and the same hardware configuration.
- All the FortiGates have the same firmware build.
- All the FortiGates are set to the same operating mode (NAT or Transparent).
- All the FortiGates are operating in single VDOM mode.
- If the FortiGates are operating in multiple VDOM mode, they all have the same VDOM configuration.
In some cases, you might be able to form a cluster if your FortiGates have different firmware builds, different VDOM configurations, and are in different operating modes. However, if you encounter problems when forming a cluster you might be able to resolve them by installing the same firmware build on each unit and giving them the same VDOM configuration and operating mode. If possible, you could also reset them all to factory defaults and start over.
If the FortiGates in the cluster have different licenses, the cluster that is formed but it will operate at the lowest licensing level.