- Connect to the FortiSandbox.
- Go to Network > Interfaces and edit port1.
This port is used for communication between FortiSandbox and the rest of the Security Fabric.
- Set IP Address/Netmask to an internal IP address.
In this example, FortiSandbox connects to the same subnet as the Security Fabric's FortiAnalyzer, using the IP address 192.168.65.20.
- Edit port3.
- Set IP Address/Netmask to an internal IP address (in this example, 192.168.179.10/255.255.255.0).
- Go to Network > System Routing to add a static route.
Set Gateway to the IP address of the FortiGate interface that port 1 connects to (in the example, 192.168.65.2).
- Connect to Edge.
- Go to Network > Interfaces to configure the port that connects to port3 on the FortiSandbox (in this example, port13).
Set IP/Network Mask to an address in the same subnet as port 3 on the FortiSandbox (in this example, 192.168.179.2/255.255.255.0).
- Connect the FortiSandbox to the Security Fabric.
This port is used for outgoing communication by virtual machines (VMs) running on FortiSandbox. It’s recommended that you connect this port to a dedicated interface on your FortiGate to protect the rest of the network from threats that FortiSandbox is currently investigating.