- Go to Network > Interfaces and edit the interface that connects to the FortiAP (in this example, port 16).
Set Addressing mode to Manual and set an IP/Network Mask.
Under Administrative Access, enable CAPWAP and optionally enable PING to test your connection.
Under Networked Devices, enable both Device Detection and Active Scanning.
- Connect the FortiAP unit to the interface.
- Go to WiFi & Switch Controller > Managed FortiAPs.
The FortiAP is listed as not authorized as indicated by the in the State column.
By default, FortiGate adds newly discovered FortiAPs to the Managed FortiAPs list but does not authorize them.
- Right-click the FortiAP, and select Authorize.
- Wait a few minutes after the device interface goes down, then select Refresh and the icon confirms that the device is authorized.
Ensure your FortiAP is on the latest firmware. If the OS Version column shows A new firmware version is available, check the release notes for your product.
- You can download the firmware images from the support site to your Local Hard Disk, or you can select A new firmware version is available and download the latest version directly from FortiGuard.