Creating packet capture filters
- Go to Network > Packet Capture and create a new filter.
If the Packet Capture option does not appear in the main GUI, you can also access this menu using the URL
- The simplest filter just captures all of the packets received by an interface. This filter captures ten packets received by the LAN interface.
- To be more specific about the packets to capture, select Enable Filters.
This filter captures 100 HTTP and HTTPS packets (port 80 and 443) received by the lan interface that has a source or destination address in the range 192.168.100.100-192.168.100.200.
- This filter captures the first 4000 Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) packets received by the wan1 interface.
- This filter captures the first 1000 DNS packets (port 53) querying the Google DNS server (IP address 126.96.36.199) with VLAN IDs 37 or 39.