Configuring the Okta developer account IDP application
- Open a browser, log in to your Okta developer account, and select Admin under your user settings.
- Go to the Applications tab and select Add Application.
- Select Create New App and create a new application with the SAML 2.0 sign on method.
- Enter an App name. The App name is the name of the portal the user logs into.
If you want, you can upload a logo.
- In the A – SAML Settings page, set Single sign on URL to the ACS (login) URL from the Edit SAML Portal Settings page on the FortiAuthenticator.
Set Audience URI (SP Entity ID) to the Entity ID URLs from the Edit SAML Portal Settings page.
Users must use their email address as the username and their first and last names (see example).
Select Download Okta Certificate. This will be imported to the FortiAuthenticator later.
You do not need to configure group attributes or section B.
- Confirm that you are an Okta customer and set the App type to an internal app. Then select Finish.
- In the Sign On tab, download the Identity Provider metadata.
- In the Assignments tab, select Assign > Assign to People.
Assign the users you want to add to the application. This allows the user to log in to the application’s portal.
Save your changes and select Done.
The user is assigned.