- Go to Call Feature > Fax > eFax Account and click New.
- Under Incoming Fax Setting, enter a Name and extension Number.
- Enter a Display name of the extension, and click Enable.
- Under External Numbers, click New.
- Map the direct inward dialing (DID) numbers to the extension of the fax. Select the Incoming trunk used for dialing the DID numbers, and enter the DID Numbers that you want to map to an extension.
- Under Select Fax Monitors, click in the field and assign the extensions that can monitor the faxes received on this fax extension in their FortiVoice user portal. From their FortiVoice user portal, users can choose to view, delete, resend, forward, or download the faxes. These users, who have email addresses linked to their extensions, will receive an email notification when a fax is received.
- Set Fax to Email to the email addresses you want to receive the faxes sent to this fax extension. These email addresses will receive the faxes in a PDF file.
- If required, under Relay to Fax Machine, assign the fax machines connected to the FortiVoice unit using T.38 adapters. Faxes will be relayed to the selected machines.
- Under Archive, enable Fax archive to activate fax archiving and enter the File name format to archive, according to the formats available from the drop-down menu.
- Click Create.
All DID numbers assigned here will reach this extension for incoming faxes.
If you have enabled Fax archive in an eFax Account, you should specify rotation and destination settings to archive recorded calls.
- Go to Call Feature > Fax > Archive.
- Under Rotation Setting, set the Fax rotation size in MB and Fax rotation time in seconds. The FortiVoice unit starts generating a new archive file when either one of these parameters (size or time) is reached first.
- Set Archiving options when disk quota is full to determine what the FortiVoice unit should do if it runs out of disk space. Click Overwrite to remove the oldest archived folder to make space for new archives, or click Do Not Overwrite to stop archiving.
- Set a Schedule for archiving to take place. Archiving will not take place outside of the selected schedule.
- Under Destination Setting, set Destination to either Local to use the hard drive of the FortiVoice unit or a NAS server, or Remote to use a remote FTP or SFTP storage server.
- If Destination is set to Remote, configure the remote server options as necessary.
- Click Apply.