Configure an emergency zone profile to assign the same emergency settings (including the caller ID) to multiple user extensions located in one office building.
If an office location has a few extension users only or an extension user is at a remote location (such as working from home), then assign an emergency caller ID instead of using an emergency zone (see Configuring the emergency caller ID).
To configure an emergency zone profile
- Go to Phone System > Profile > Emergency Zone.
- Click New.
- Enter a Name for this profile.
- Enter the Emergency caller ID to display on the destination phone when the extension user dials the emergency number.
- Optionally, enter a Description for this profile.
- Under Emergency Setting, select one option:
- If you do not want FortiVoice to send an alert email when an emergency call is made, select Do Nothing.
- Otherwise, select Send an alert email and configure the following fields:
- Enter one or more Emergency contact emails. To add more addresses, click +.
- Enter an Emergency barge number. This is the extension number of an authorized user. When an ongoing emergency call is in progress, the phone of the authorized user also rings. This user can listen to the call and talk, if necessary.
- Under Contact Information, enter the contact details to associate with this profile.
- Click Create.
To assign an emergency zone profile to an extension
- Go to Extension > Extension > IP Extension.
- Double-click the extension that you want to edit.
- Under Device Setting, select the Emergency zone.
- Click OK.
To assign an emergency zone profile to multiple extensions
For details about performing a batch edit to assign an emergency zone profile to multiple extensions, see Editing extension main device settings.