With FortiVoice, the following two types of phone call recordings are available:
- Personal recording: You can access your phone call recordings from the FortiVoice user portal.
- System recording: With the administrator privilege, you can access phone call recordings from the FortiVoice web-based manager.
- To allow an extension to perform a call recording: Make sure to apply a user privilege with the personal recording or system recording option enabled, as applicable, to that extension. To enable recording options, the FortiVoice system administrator can go to Phone System > Profile > User Privilege and then Monitor/Recording.
- To view codes: Personal and system recording procedures in this section use the default feature codes for recording phone calls. To view or edit those codes, the FortiVoice system administrator can go to Call Feature > Feature Code > Mid-Call/DTMF Code.
Before recording a phone call, have the agreement of the person you are talking with or check your local laws regarding phone recording.
- During a phone call, start the personal recording by pressing *30.
- To pause the personal recording, press *31. To resume the recording, press *30 again.
The recording continues until you hang up.
- During a phone call, start the system recording by pressing *35.
- To pause the system recording, press *36.
- To resume the system recording, press *37.
- To cancel the system recording, press *38.
The recording ends when you hang up.