Many of the default passwords are too simple and are therefore more susceptible to compromise. It is recommended to take the time to change the default passwords to more secure passwords.
Establish a more secure administrator password on the system.
- Go to System > Administrator > Administrator.
- Select the admin account and click Edit.
- Click Change Password, enter and confirm a new password, and click OK.
The administrator PIN allows the owner of the PIN to change extension assignments and modes from any phone or auto attendant.
- Go to Phone System > Setting > Miscellaneous.
- Under PBX Setting, enter a new Administrator PIN, and click Apply.
The Call Bridge Direct Inward System Access (DISA) feature allows callers to make outgoing calls from the auto attendant. If enabled, configure this feature to use an account code.
- Go to Call Feature > Auto Attendant > Auto Attendant.
- Select an auto attendant and click Edit.
- Under Advanced, enable Call bridge (DISA) and select the appropriate Account code, or create a new one.
- Click OK.
The default user voicemail PIN is 123123. It is highly recommended to change this default PIN.
- Go to Phone System > Setting > Option.
- Under Default Setting, enter a new Default Voicemail PIN. Select either Specified and enter your own PIN or Generated to generate a random PIN, and click Apply.
Set a secure password policy that requires upper and lower case characters and alpha numerical characters for administrator passwords and SIP passwords.
- Go to Security > Password Policy > Password/PIN Policy.
- Enable Password/PIN Policy and configure the settings as required. Make sure to apply the password policy to the appropriate users.
- Enabling PIN special allows the use of the * and # special characters.
- Click Apply.
Authentication can be configured for inbound and outbound calls on office peer trunks.
- Go to Trunk > Office Peer > Office Peer.
- Select an existing office peer or create a new one.
- Under Peer Configuration, expand Authentication and select one of the following options from the drop-down menu:
- Symmetric: Both PBX devices will use the following information to form the office peer trunk and authenticate each other. The defined User name and Password must be the same on both PBX devices forming the office peer trunk.
- Asymmetric: Used to authenticate incoming and outgoing calls. Enter the Inbound user name, Outbound user name, and Password. These settings must be the same on both PBX devices forming the office peer trunk.