Applying the LDAP profile to an extension
You can configure an extension with LDAP as the authentication type used to access the user portal and softclient for mobile or desktop devices.
Before applying the LDAP profile to an extension, make sure to complete the steps in Creating an LDAP profile.
- Go to Extension > Extension > IP Extension and click New, or edit an existing extension.
- Under User Setting, in the Web Access tab, set Authentication type to LDAP.
- Select an LDAP profile to apply to this extension.
- During the creation of the LDAP profile, you selected an user authentication option. The choice you made dictates how to fill in the Authentication ID field:
- If you selected Try Common Name with Base DN as Bind DN, then update the Authentication ID field to match the common name attribute (example, uid) that you entered in the Common name ID field of the LDAP profile. Example: jdoe.
- If you selected Search User and Try Bind DN, then leave the Authentication ID field empty.
- Click Create or OK.