Configuring the emergency number
Configure the emergency number and contact details on FortiVoice for your company or organization.
- Go to Phone System > Setting > Location.
- Select the appropriate Country/Region (in this example, United States of America).
- Select a Country/Region. With this selection, the following fields automatically update. You can edit any of them, if required.
Take note of the Outside line prefix. Internal callers need to append this prefix to the configured emergency number (in this example, 9 911).
Outside line prefix
- Check with your PSTN service provider and update the Area code.
- Configure the remaining settings, as required.
- Expand Contact Information and enter contact details to associate with the emergency number.
- Expand Emergency Setting, select Send Alert Email and enter Emergency contact emails as necessary.
- To save changes, click Apply.
The email addresses specified here will receive an alert email any time an emergency call is made, including the location of the caller and the time of the call.