Import portal content
This option allows you to import portal page configuration information. The configuration must have been created using the Content Editor in the Portal Configuration window and exported from that window. Legacy page information configured outside the Content Editor cannot be imported.
When the Portal Page configuration is exported the export file contains portal page properties, style sheets and images combined into a single XML file. The XML file is then added to a zip file created by the export process called PortalContents.zip. Make sure this file is available before you begin the import process.
If you have created multiple portals, each individual portal and its contents are stored as a separate XML file inside the PortalContents.zip. The original shipping portal is stored as portalContents.XML inside the PortalContents.zip. To import only selected portals, delete the XML files for the unwanted portals from the .zip file.
- Select System > Portal Configuration.
- Click on the Content Editor tab.
- Click the Import button.
- On the Import window either type the path including the file name to the PortalContents.zip file or browse and select the file.
- Click OK to being importing.
- When the process is complete a message is displayed indicating that the import was successful. Click OK.