If you need to create many guest accounts simultaneously, you can create Conference accounts or Bulk accounts. Conference accounts are generated by the system and don't allow you to provide any additional guest information, thus preventing you from e-mailing credentials to attendees. Bulk accounts use data that you supply either by typing it into the Bulk Account screen or by importing it from a CSV or text file.
The fields used in the file vary depending on the template selected to create the accounts. When a guest account template is created you indicate the fields that will be required, optional or ignored for guests. E-mail address is the only field that is absolutely required for all guests and must be included in the file. Other fields, such as first name or last name, may be required but this does not mean that they have to be in the import file. It means that the guest cannot log onto the network unless this information is supplied, either by you in the import file or by the guest when they fill out a web form during the login process.
- Do not include a header row
- You must have a comma for each possible field
- You must have a carriage return at the end of each record.
- E-mail is mandatory because you must have a way to forward credentials to your guests
- If Import Passwords is enabled the password is mandatory and it must be the last field in the row of data
- If the template is set to send SMS messages to guests, you must include Mobile Number and Mobile Provider
- Other fields may be required for the guest to enter but are optional for the CSV file
- Log into FortiNAC.
- The Guest/Contractor Accounts window is displayed. Administrators select Users > Guest/Contractor Accounts.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Account screen, click Bulk Accounts.
- Select the template that will be used to create these bulk accounts.
- To manually enter passwords as part of the import file, enable Import Passwords. If you prefer that the system generate the passwords, disable this option. If Import Passwords is enabled, it is a required field for each guest. Without this data you cannot import the file.
- Once the template has been selected you can see the fields that can be imported in a list across the screen. E-mail is bolded indicating that it is required for import. Fields that are preceded by an asterisk are required prior to login but are not necessarily required for import. Therefore, including them in your CSV or text file is optional. Note that if you intend to send login information to guests via SMS, Mobile Provider and Mobile Number fields must be included both in the template and in the import file.
For this example, assume that the list of fields on the Bulk Account window is as follows: First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Zip, Email, Phone
Based on the list of fields shown above, the CSV file could look like this:
Ana,Bahr,44 Bow St,Pittsfield,NH,03263,email@example.com,603-523-7676
- Save the file as .csv or .txt and make note of its location on your hard drive.
- On the Bulk Accounts window, click Import From File.
- On the Import From File window, click Choose File. Browse to your CSV file, select it and click Open.
- The contents of the file display in the Bulk Accounts window. Click OK.
- The View Accounts screen opens with the account information in it. See Provide login information.
- Click Print or Send e-mail or Send SMS to provide account information and password to the guest or contractor, or Close. These options are visible to you depending on the privileges you have in your profile. Additional text can be added to the printout or email by typing the text into the Notes tab on the guest/contractor template before creating the account. See Create templates.