Use this option to disable or enable hosts. A message window appears indicating the successful disabling or enabling of the host. When a host is disabled all of its adapters are disabled.
- Select Hosts > Host View.
- Use the Quick Search or Custom Filter to locate the appropriate host(s).
- Select the hosts to be enabled/disabled.
- Click either Enable or Disable.
Enabling and disabling hosts can be automated using events and alarm mappings. Specific events, such as, Possible MAC address Spoof, can be mapped to an alarm that has the action "Disable Hosts" configured. See Add or modify alarm mapping.
The ATR license must be enabled in order to use the following option.
When enabling a host that was disabled by a security alarm action, a dialog appears that provides the option to:
- Undo the security alarm on the host, which will also undo the associated actions on the host
- Enable the host while leaving the security alarm and its associated actions on the host.
Do one of the following:
- Click Yes to undo the security alarm on the host. This will undo the security alarm and the action(s) associated with the security alarm on the host. The number of actions that were undone is displayed. Secondary tasks are performed on the host, if enabled.
- Click No to enable the host but maintain the security alarm. All actions associated with the security alarm will remain on the host.