Replace a device using the same IP address
When adding a switch or router that will use the same IP address as the original device modeled in Topology, the original model must be deleted from the database and a new model added. This ensures all internal mappings and other related files associated to that model are correct for the new device. Otherwise, unexpected behavior occurs.
Note: Deleting the model from FortiNAC removes all manual switch device and port groupings done on the switch model.
- Review the model of the device to be replaced. Note or take screen captures of all configurations, including port and device group memberships. They will need to be re-entered later.
- Ensure the new device is configured appropriately.
- Once original device is decommissioned, delete the old device model. See Delete a device.
- Once the new device is on the network, add to Topology using the appropriate credentials. See Add or modify a device.
- Configure device model using the settings recorded previously.