The FortiGate will automatically connect to fortisandboxcloud.com, and then discover the specific region and server to connect to based on which region the customer selected to deploy their FortiSandbox Cloud instance. FortiSandbox Cloud 4.0.0 (or later) is required for this functionality. The FortiGate must have a FortiCloud premium account license and a FortiSandbox Cloud VM license.
- Configure FortiSandbox Cloud:
- In the GUI:
- Go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors and double-click the Cloud Sandbox card.
- Set Status to Enable.
- For Type, select FortiSandbox Cloud.
- Click OK.
- In the CLI, enter the following:
config system fortisandbox set status enable set forticloud enable set server "fortisandboxcloud.com" end
- In the GUI:
- Verify the quarantine daemon debug output. Currently, the FortiGate connects to fortisandboxcloud.com:
# diagnose debug application quarantine -1 ... __quar_start_connection()-961: start server fortisandbox-fsb1-188.8.131.52 in vdom-3 __quar_oftp_get_oif()-930: dev fortisandbox-fsb1 get oif 0 ...
- Once the FortiGate connects to the FortiSandbox controller, it receives the region information and attempts to connect to the specific regional server (ca-west-1):
# diagnose debug application quarantine -1 ... __quar_remote_connect()-806: oftp_connect region server: ca-west-1.fortisandboxcloud.com. __quar_start_connection()-962: start server fortisandbox-fsb1-184.108.40.206 in vdom-0 ...
- Verify that the connection is established to the new region (ca-west-1):
# diagnose test application quarantined 1 forticloud-fsb is disabled. fortisandbox-fsb1(ca-west-1.fortisandboxcloud.com) is enabled: analytics, realtime=yes, taskfull=no addr=220.127.116.11/514, source-ip=0.0.0.0, keep-alive=no. ssl_opt=3, hmac_alg=0 intf_sel=auto() oif=0