The Process Monitor displays running processes with their CPU and memory usage levels. Administrators can sort, filter, and terminate processes within the Process Monitor pane.
- Go to Dashboard > Status:
- Left-click in the CPU or Memory widget and select Process Monitor.
Click the user name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, then go to System > Process Monitor.
The Process Monitor appears, which includes a line graph, donut chart, and process list.
- Click the + beside the search bar to view which columns can be filtered.
- Select a process.
- Click the Kill Process dropdown.
- Select one of the following options:
Kill: the standard kill option that produces one line in the crash log (
diagnose debug crashlog read).
Force Kill: the equivalent to
diagnose sys kill 9 <pid>. This can be viewed in the crash log.
Kill & Trace: the equivalent to
diagnose sys kill 11 <pid>. This generates a longer crash log and backtrace. A crash log is displayed afterwards.
- Kill: the standard kill option that produces one line in the crash log (