You can view the spectrum analysis for managed APs in FortiManager 6.4. Spectrum analysis is available through AP Manager > Managed APs.
To view the spectrum analysis for a managed AP in the FortiManager GUI:
- Ensure the JSON API Access field is set to Read-Write, by editing the administrator. See Editing administrators in the FortiManager Administration Guide.
- Create a new WiFi profile or modify an existing WiFi profile, by setting the radio mode setting to Dedicated Monitor. See AP profiles in the FortiManager Administration Guide.
- Assign the profile to the managed AP. See Assigning profiles to FortiAP devices in the FortiManager Administration Guide.
- Use the Install Wizard to install the changes to FortiGate. See Using the Install Wizard to install device settings only in the FortiManager Administration Guide.
- On the Managed APs screen, select a managed AP, click More from the toolbar or right-click, and click View Spectrum Analysis:
The Spectrum Analysis in the form of Signal Interference, Signal Interference Spectrogram, Duty Cycle, and Duty Cycle Spectrogram charts, along with the tabulated Detected Interference information is displayed.
AP capabilities will be limited during spectrum analysis.