Backup and restore FortiManager settings including SD-WAN Orchestrator configuration
FortiManager has a backup and restore option in System Settings pane. If the customer has enabled the SD-WAN Orchestrator docker (one of the tiles under the Management Extensions modules), which is a separate application running on FortiManager, the FortiManager backup includes the configuration for SD-WAN Orchestrator too.
To check the configuration status in Device Manager:
- Go to Device Manager > Device and Groups.
- In the tree menu, select Managed Devices.
The Managed Devices pane opens.
The Managed Devices pane shows the configuration status of the devices.
To check the configuration status in SD-WAN Orchestrator:
- Go to SD-WAN Orchestrator > Configuration.
- In the Configuration dropdown list, select Device.
The Device pane opens.
The Device pane shows the configuration status of the devices.
To backup FortiManager settings and SD-WAN Orchestrator configuration:
- Go to System Settings > Backup System.
The Backup System dialog opens.
- In the Backup System dialog box, select the Enable checkbox to enable encryption and enter/ confirm your password.
After restoring the backup file, SD-WAN Orchestrator can show the previously configured data.
To backup and restore via the CLI:
- To backup settings:
execute backup all-settings ftp <ip:port> Path/filename <username> <password>
- To restore settings:
execute restore all-settings ftp <ip:port> Path/filename <username> <password>