You can now authorize unknown APs that are connected to a managed FortiGate via FortiManager.
You must enable JSON API access to Read-Write to be able to authorize unknown FortiAP devices.
- Go to System Settings > Administrators.
- Double-click the Admin account to open it for editing.
The Edit Administrator pane opens.
- Beside JSON API Access, select Read-Write, and click OK.
- Go to AP Manager > Managed APs.
- In the tree menu, select the group or FortiGate that contains the unknown FortiAP devices to be authorized.
- Select the unknown FortiAP devices and either click More > Authorize from the toolbar, or right-click and select Authorize.
- Wait awhile and then select the APs and click More > Refresh.
APs are now online and displayed.