You can use FortiGuard web categories to populate the category fields in various FortiViews such as Top Web Categories, Top Websites or Top Sources. To view the categories in a dashboard, the web filter profile must be configured to at least monitor for FortiGuard category based filter, and applied to a firewall policy for outbound traffic.
- Go to Security Profiles > Web Filter.
- Double-click a web filter that is applied to an outbound traffic firewall policy. The Edit Web Filter Profile window opens.
- Ensure FortiGuard category based filter is enabled.
In the image below, the General Interest - Business categories are monitor-only.
- In the tree menu, open a dashboard, and click Dashboard Actions > Create New. The Add Dashboard window opens.
- Configure the dashboard settings.
- In the Name field , enter a name such as Top Categories by Bytes.
- From the Layout Type select Standalone.
- Click OK. The dashboard is added to the tree menu.
- Open the dashboard, and click Add Widget. The Add Dashboard Widget window opens.
- Click FortiView Top N. The Add Dashboard Widget - FortiView Top N window opens.
- From the FortiView dropdown, select Web Categories.
- From the Time Period dropdown, select a time period greater than Now.
- Click Add Widget. The widget is added to the dashboard.
The web filter category name appears in the Category column of the dashboard.
Click an entry in the table. The category name appears at the top of Summary of box.
Click the Web Sites tab. The category name appears in the Category column.
Click the Sessions tab. The category name appears in the Category Description column.
The category name also appears in the Category column in the Top Websites and Top Sources dashboards.