Assets detected by device detection appear in the Device Inventory widget. You can manage policies around devices by adding a new device object (MAC-based address) to a device. Once you add the MAC-based address, the device can be used in address groups or directly in policies.
- Go to Dashboard > Users & Devices.
- Hover over the Device Inventory widget, and click Expand to Full Screen. The Device Inventory pane appears.
- Right-click a device, and select Create Firewall Address > MAC Address.
- (Optional) In the Name field, give the device a descriptive name.
Use the Name field to assign a descriptive name to a device so it is easier to find in the Device column. After you finish configuring the device, refresh the page to see the new name in the dashboard.
- In the New Address pane, enter an address name.
- Click OK. The MAC address icon is now displayed in the Address column for the device.