Many features are enabled by default to assist with the initial setup. After setup, however, we recommend disabling any features that you feel are unnecessary.
After the initial setup, disable the Unassigned phone option. When you disable this feature, FortiVoice does not automatically create a default configuration file when it receives a request from an unassigned phone.
- Go to System > Advanced > Auto Provisioning.
- Under Auto Provisioning, disable Unassigned phone. Automatic default configurations for unassigned phones will no longer be generated.
- Click Apply.
Disable any service codes that you do not use.
- Go to Call Feature > Feature Code > Vertical Service Code.
- Disable the codes that you will not be requiring, such as the following:
- **: Call bridge (DISA).
- *15: Reset the phone to be "unassigned" by admin.
- *16: Reset the phone to be "unassigned" by user.
- *17: Configure the phone to an extension by admin.
- *18: Configure the phone to an extension by user.