Administrators can promote an object from an ADOM to Global Database. This can be an object imported from a FortiGate device or created on FortiManager. Once the object is promoted to the Global Database, it can be reused by other ADOMs and need not be re-created.
- Go to Policy and Objects > Object Configurations.
- Right-click an object and click Promote to Global.
- Specify a new name in the Rename object(s) dialog. If you do not specify a new name, the object will be promoted with the same name which may create a conflict if the Global database already contains an object with the same name.
- Click Promote. The object is now promoted to the Global Database.
- Switch the ADOM to Global Database to verify the promoted object.