In earlier versions of FortiManager, when upgrading FortiGate devices to a higher version than FortiManager, there was no check and the upgrade process would be completed. Managing higher version FortiOS devices with lower version of FortiManager caused issues.
This release includes multiple usability improvements to guide the administrator towards a successful upgrade.
When trying to upgrade FortiOS devices to a version higher than FortiManager, the upgrade process is blocked and the following warning is shown to the administrator:
This version improves the upgrade process by providing useful warnings and options to take a recommended upgrade path:
- Go to Device Manager > Firmware, select multiple FortiGate devices and click Upgrade. The versions available in the upgrade path are shown by a green check mark.
- When upgrading, the administrator is presented with an option to upgrade as per the recommended upgrade path or continue with the selected version.
- If the administrator selects a customized image, a warning is shown with an option to upgrade as per the recommended upgrade path or to continue with the selected customized image.
- Go to Device Manager > [Device Name] > System Information widget. Click the Firmware Version update icon. The recommended upgrade is shown with a green check mark.
- Selecting a firmware that is not on the upgrade path shows a warning with an option to upgrade as per the recommended upgrade path.
- Upgrading to a customized firmware image shows a warning asking the administrator to confirm the action.