FortiManager 6.2.0 supports management of the new FortiGate Split Task VDOM mode.
There are three VDOM modes available:
- No VDOMis when no VDOMs can be created.
- Multi VDOM is the original VDOMs enabled mode. You can create as many vdoms as you want, up to the VDOM license limit.
- Split VDOM is a specialized VDOM mode, with only 2 VDOMs - FG-traffic and root. More VDOMs cannot be added. FG-traffic is a regular VDOM. It is intended to have all the policies, addresses, UTM profiles for the device, and it will handle all the traffic, just like in No VDOM mode. root does not (and cannot) have policies or profiles. root is intended for the management of the FGT itself. Interfaces like mgmt , ha should be assigned to root and the rest of the interfaces to FG-traffic.
Multi VDOM and Split VDOM modes are not related and there is no compatibility between them. It is not possible to switch between Multi VDOM and Split VDOM. Any change has to go through No VDOM mode.
- Turn on Split VDOM.
- Two pre-defined VDOMs are available - FG-traffic and root.
- You cannot add or delete VDOMs. The options are disabled in the right-click menu.
- Map all interfaces to ADOM.
- Create policies and policy packages in FG-traffic and install.