IPv6 Address Template allows administrators to create an IPv6 template with pre-defined parameters. The IPv6 Address Template can be reused while creating an IPv6 address. The IPv6 Address Template saves time since the predefined parameters in the template do not need to be entered while creating each IPv6 address.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Object Configuration. Click Addresses. Click Create New > IPv6 Address Template.
- Define the IPv6 address template. If Exclusive set to Enable, at least 1 segment value must be defined.
- Create an IPv6 address that uses the template. If Specific is selected, defined segment values are available for selection from the drop-down list, which simplifies what the administrator has to enter and pick human readable values. The administrator may also select Any without specifying a value.
- Set Host Type as Any for wildcard. or specify a host. A standard IPv6 address can be divided into three parts: [IPv6 network prefix] + [subnet segments] + [host address].
- After selecting the IPv6 address template, and configuring the other settings, click OK.