Model devices used for ZTP can also be linked to model FortiSwitches, enabling provisioning of switch settings when first connected.
Pre-previsoning model FortiAP and link it to a model FortiGate
- Create a Model FortiGate device by using a real FortiGate serial number.
- Configure a model device interface IP, which will be used as the management IP by FortiManager.
- In AP Manager, create model APs on the model FortiGate by using a real FortiAP serial number.
- Connect the physical AP to the real FortiGate, and connect the FortiGate with FortiManager through the network.
- Log on to FortiGate. Go to Security Fabric > Settings, configure Central Management to FortiManager. (You can also use other methods to let FortiGate learn FortiManager IP and trigger FortiManager model device auto-link function).
- Click Apply to apply the settings and click OK to confirm the grant to FortiManager.
- Go back to FortiManager to double-check the auto-link function status with the real FortiGate.
- After the configuration is pushed to FortiGate, access FortiGate and verify that the FortiAP is enabled and displayed in Managed FortiAPs page.
- Log on to FortiManager. Go to AP Manager > Managed APs. The AP is now displayed as online.