Both the Physical Topology and Logical Topology from Security Fabric deployments can now be accessed from FortiManager. In the event FortiManager is managing multiple Fabric deployments in the same ADOM, the administrator can switch between them from a single console. The FortiManager uses shared components with FortiGate, thereby supporting a consistent look and feel, level of detail, and usability exactly like FortiGate devices.
Manage multiple Security Fabric deployments in an ADOM using FortiManager.
On FortiManager, go to Fabric View. Physical Topology tab and Logical Topology tab are shown at top menu bar. To switch between fabric deployments, go to top right hand corner fabric list and select a fabric deployment.
The Physical Topology shows the devices in the Security Fabric and the devices they are connected to. You can also select whether or not to view access devices in this topology.
- Access Device View: In below example, the access device FortiSwitch "S108DVWA9XDVGG54" is shown.
- No Access Device View: In below example, the access device FortiSwitch "S108DVWA9XDVGG54" is not shown.
- More information: Hover over a device for more information.
- Search: The search field is located above the view. The search highlights devices that match your search criteria, and grays out devices that don't match.
Use filters to narrow down the data on the topology views to find specific information. The filter menu is located at top right corner.
- Filter: Filter by Device Traffic, Device Count, Device Type, Vulnerability, or No Devices.
- Sub-filter: When the filter is set to Device Traffic or Device Count, there is a sub-filter that provides Bytes, Packets, Bandwidth, and Sessions options.
The Logical Topology view is similar to the Physical Topology view, but it shows the network interfaces, logical or physical, that are used to connect devices in the Security Fabric. Logical Topology provides the same search function, tooltips for device information and the filter view as Physical Toplogy. Logical Topology does not have Access Device view and No Access Device view, which is different from Physical Topology.
To see the Logical Topology, go to Fabric View > Logical Topology.
- Device Information: Hover over a icon to see information for a device.
- Filter: Logical Topology view can be filtered by Device Traffic, Device Count, Device Type, Vulnerability or No Devices.
- Sub-filter: When the filter is set to Device Traffic or Device Count, the view can be further filtered by Bytes, Packets, Bandwidth, and Sessions.