If an office location has a few extension users only or an extension user is at a remote location (such as working from home), then assign an emergency caller ID instead of using an emergency zone.
When the extension user makes a 911 call, the destination phone displays the emergency caller ID.
For more details about the caller ID hierarchy, see Caller ID modification hierarchy for emergency calls.
- Go to Extension > Extension > IP Extension.
- Edit an extension or create a new one.
- Go to Display name and click to expand.
- In Emergency caller ID, enter the caller ID to display on the destination phone when the extension user dials the emergency number.
- Click OK or Create, as applicable.