Perform the following procedures to configure FortiFone softclient for desktop settings on the FortiVoice phone system:
Prior to starting the configuration, make sure to complete the recipes in Licensing to purchase, register, and upload a softclient license.
- Configure external access settings
- Configure a SIP profile
- Assign the FortiFone softclient for desktop to a FortiVoice extension
- On FortiVoice, go to System > Advanced > External Access.
- Set SIP server external hostname/IP address to the IP address or FQDN of the FortiVoice device.
- Configure the WSS and HTTPS external access ports.
- Click Apply.
Fortinet recommends that you use the default SIP profile (sip_desktop_default).
However, if you want to create your own SIP profile, then perform the following steps to set the parameters for your deployment:
- On FortiVoice, go to Phone System > Profile > SIP.
- Click New > Desktop.
- In Name, enter a name for this SIP profile.
- In DTMF, select RFC2833.
- In Keep alive, select 0.
- Enable NAT.
- In Codec, make sure that opus is in the list.
- Click Create.
- On FortiVoice, go to Extension > Extension > IP Extension and click New.
- Enter a Number for the extension.
- Under Device Setting, click the Soft FortiFone tab.
- In License allocation, specify the value to configure. In this example, the value is 2. One license allocation is for the desktop (Windows/macOS) and the other is for the mobile (Android/iOS) that you can deploy later.
After you complete the installation of the FortiFone softclient, the Soft FortiFone tab lists the device. From this tab, you can also revoke a license occupied by an inactive or unused device, if applicable.
- In Windows/macOS, keep the default profile or select the profile that you configured in Configure a SIP profile.
- Click Create.