- Go to Call Feature > Fax > Sending Rule and click New.
- Make sure that Enabled is selected.
- Enter a Name.
- Under Dialed Number Match, click New.
- Enter a Match Pattern number. This is the extension number pattern in your dial plan that can match many different numbers for sending faxes.
- Enter any required Modification settings, such as stripping or appending prefixes or postfixes to the number pattern, and click Create.
- Under Call Handling, click New.
- Set the appropriate Schedule, Action, and Outgoing trunk and/or Caller ID modification for your dial plan requirements, to determine the call handling action for the numbers matching the configured number pattern.
- Click Create, and Create again to finish configuring the Sending Rule.
The following pattern matching syntax is supported, in order to match a wide range of potential numbers:
|X||Matches any single digit from 0 to 9.|
|Z||Matches any single digit from 1 to 9.|
|N||Matches any single digit from 2 to 9.|
Matches any digits in the brackets.
For a range of numbers, use a dash.
In this example, the pattern matches 1, 5, 6, and 7.
Acts as a wildcard that matches any digit and allows for any number of digits to be dialed.
Example of a pattern matching rule: XX.
In this example, the system looks for a dialed number match that has three or more digits.
Acts as a wildcard that matches any digit (including no digits) and allows for any number of digits to be dialed.
Example of a pattern matching rule: XX!
In this example, the system looks for a dialed number match that has two or more digits.
- Go to Call Feature > Fax > Setting.
- Enter a System station ID and System fax header that shows on each fax sent from the FortiVoice unit.
- Under T.38 Fax, determine whether the FortiVoice unit will resend a T.38 invite if the remote end is unresponsive, and whether the FortiVoice will fallback to G.711 mode if T.38 communication fails.
- T.38 uses UDP Transport Layer (UDPTL) as its transport protocol. Enter the start and end ports.
- Under Send Queue, set Max retry times to the maximum number of times the FortiVoice unit will attempt to resend a fax if the fax is unable to be sent due to busy lines.
- Set a Retry interval and Wait time for an answer to the duration of time in seconds that the FortiVoice unit will wait between retries and the wait time for a "go-ahead" signal from the fax receiving terminal.
- Click Apply.
A T.38 fax requires significantly less bandwidth, and helps mitigate packet loss.