Devices on your network can belong to groups. Group membership can be viewed from the Groups View window or by selecting the device in the Inventory.
- Click Network > Inventory.
- Expand the Container where the device is located.
- On the Devices panel on the right, right-click on a device and select Group Membership.
- Check marks indicate that the device is a member of the group.
- To add the device to a group, click the box next to the group name and then click OK.
- To remove the device from a group, click to uncheck the box next to the group name and then click OK.
- Click OK to save your group selections.
If an item is placed in a subgroup, it can only be removed when viewing the membership of that subgroup. It cannot be removed from the parent group containing the subgroup.
For example, the L2 network devices group contains the wired devices and wireless devices subgroups. The wired devices subgroup contains four 3COM switches. The wireless devices subgroup contains two Cisco switches. The L2 network devices group membership list shows all six switches, but to remove one of the 3COM switches you must go to the wired devices membership list.