If you have purchased an add-on license and have a FortiCloud account, you can use the License Information widget to activate an add-on license. You will need the contract registration code to activate the license.
After you enter the contract registration code for the license, FortiManager communicates with FortiCloud to activate the license.
- Go to the Fortinet Technical Support site at https://support.fortinet.com/.
- Log in by using your FortiCloud account credentials.
- Purchase a license.
You will receive an email from Fortinet with a PDF attachment that includes a contract registration code.
- Go to System Settings > Dashboard.
- In the License Information widget, beside the VM License option, click the Add License button.
The Add License dialog box is displayed.
- Complete the following options, and click OK:
- In the Account ID/Email box, type the email for your FortiCloud account.
- In the Password box, type the password for your FortiCloud account.
- In the Registration Code box, enter the contract registration code for the add-on license.
The License Agreement is displayed.
- Accept the license agreement:
- Read the license agreement.
- Select the I have read and accept the terms in the License Agreement checkbox.
- Click OK.
The Restart Device dialog box is displayed.
- Click Restart Now to apply the license.
FortiManager restarts, and the license is applied.
- Go to System Settings > Dashboard > License Information widget.
The VM License option displays Valid <license name>.