Objects can be color coded for easy identification.
- Ensure you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Object Configurations .
- Select the object type that you will be creating. For example, view the interface by going to Normalized Interface > Normalized Interface.
The interface list is displayed in the content pane. The available interfaces are selectable on the content pane toolbar.
- In the content pane, click Create New.
The Create New Normalized Interface pane opens.
- Select or specify the values for the following fields:
- Name - specify a name for the object.
- Description - enter a brief description.
- Color - click the black port to display the color options, and select a color for this object.
- Default Mapping - select the check box to configure the default mapping for this object. See Map a dynamic ADOM object
- Per-Platform mapping - switch the slider to ON for mapping this interface to a platform.
- Per-Device Mapping - switch the slider to ON for mapping this interface to a FortiGate device. See Interface mapping
- Click OK.
If a color code is not selected while creating an object, black is assigned as the default color.