Before you create a profile, you should create all of the needed shared resources, so you can select them in the profile. See Shared resources.
- Go to Configuration > Profile.
- In the toolbar, click +Create New.
- Configure the profile settings.
The following table identifies settings that are specific to configuring an edge device. You can set the remaining settings as desired.
Select Edge to designate the device as an edge.
VPN Mode with Hub
Select one of the following options to connect the edge devices to the hub in the region:
- Select DIAL_UP to create one-to-one overlay links between the hub device and its edge devices. When you select DIAL_UP, you can enable ADVPN on the Network tab in the WAN settings.
- Select DIAL_UP_FULL_MESH to create full-mesh overlay links on WAN ports between hub devices and edge devices in the same region.
- Select SITE_TO_SITE to create full-mesh overlay links between the hub device and its edge devices in the same region.
Specify the number of ports on the FortiGate. The number of ports in the FGT VM should be the same number as defined here. Otherwise conflict will occur.
- Click OK.
The profile is created, and the System tab opens.
- Configure the System settings.
For a description of the options on the System, Network, and Business tabs, see Profile options described.
- Click the Network tab to configure the network settings.
- Click the Business tab to create business rules.
- Click OK.