When creating a profile, you can also create a virtual wire pair. A virtual wire pair consists of two interfaces that do not have IP addressing and are treated like a transparent-mode VDOM.
You can create a virtual wire pair for FortiGate VMs and hardware.
- Go to Configuration > Profile.
The list of profiles is displayed.
- Create a new profile, or open a profile for updating.
The Profile <name> dialog box is displayed.
- Click the Network tab.
The Network pane is displayed. For a description of the options, see Network tab.
- Expand the Virtual Wire Pair section, and click +Create New.
The Virtual Wire Pair dialog box is displayed.
Type a name for the virtual wire pair.
Select two interface members for the virtual wire pair. A virtual wire pair must have exactly two interface members.
Toggle ON to enable wildcard VLAN.
Toggle OFF to disable this feature.
Available when Wildcard VLAN is toggled ON.
Click Add to create a VLAN filter.
- Complete the options, and click OK.
The virtual wire pair is created.
- Go to FortiManager, and configure a virtual wire pair policy.