You can use VDOMs for primary or secondary hub devices as well as edge devices.
Before using this method to add VDOMs to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA, you must:
- Create VDOMs on the FortiGate device
This method adds the VDOM to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA, so you must create the VDOM first.
- Configure interfaces for the VDOM by using FortiManager
This method retrieves interfaces for the VDOM from FortiManager, so you must configure them first.
After you add the VDOM to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA and retrieve VDOM interfaces, overrides are automatically enabled in the assigned profile for WAN and LAN settings.
- Ensure that you have created a profile for a VDOM. See Creating profiles for VDOMs.
- Go to Configuration > Device.
- In the toolbar, click + Device.
The Device dialog box opens.
- On the General tab, configure the following settings:
The following table identifies settings that are specific to adding a VDOM. You can set the remaining settings as desired.
Select the device VDOM.
Select a profile that is configured for VDOMs.
- Click OK.
The VDOM is added to the device list.
- For the VDOM in the device list, click the Update button.
The settings for the VDOM open for editing, and the General tab is displayed.
- Go to the Network tab, and click Retrieve VDOM Interfaces.
A warning message is displayed.
- Click Yes to proceed.
Interfaces are retrieved, and the Override option is automatically toggled on for LAN and WAN ports in the associated profile.
- On the Success message dialog box, click the X to close it.